Parents are invited to enrol their children at Our Lady Star of the Sea School. Preference is given to children who are baptised Catholic. To enrol at Our Lady Star of the Sea School you are required to provide the following:
- A completed enrolment form signed by both parents.
- A Preference Certificate signed by a Catholic Priest and stamped with a parish stamp.
- Original birth certificate or passport.
- Original baptism certificate.
- A passport must be sighted showing the residency status of a child who is born outside of New Zealand
- Immunisation certificate
Once the forms have been completed they must be returned to the School Office together with any original documents. The documents will be sighted and photocopied where necessary. Your child will be placed on the waiting list. Once your child has been accepted to start at Our Lady Star of the Sea School, a meeting and pre-school visits will be arranged with the Deputy Principal to ensure a smooth transition into school.
A preference card, signed by the Parish Priest, must be received by the school for each child wishing to enrol. Appointments with our Parish Priest can be made by contacting the Parish Secretary on (09) 534-8710.
The revised criteria for enrolment in Catholic Schools are:
- The child has been baptised or is being prepared for Baptism in the Catholic Church.
- The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in
the Catholic faith.
- At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised,
the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
- With the agreement of the child’s parent/guardian, a significant familial adult in the child’s life, such as a grandparent or an aunt or uncle undertakes to support the child’s formation the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
- One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
Click here to make a provisional enrolment for your child through the Parent Portal.